What to Expect

This is the diary I have decided to create, dedicated to the time I have spent with my jaws wired shut.
On the 23rd of February I went into the operating theatre for a jaw-reconstruction. They were to break my bottom and top jaws and re-position them.
This is a re-count of the events leading up to and in the hospital after the operation.

NAVIGATING THROUGH THE SITE

Now, on your right there is a drop down list.

Click on the little arrow next to 'February' and a drop down list will apear. In the drop down list pick 'Drabble' and you will be taken to the first page.

Once you are done, hit 'Day 0' and so on...

Once you have reached Day 7, click on the little arrow next to 'March' and a drop down list will apear revealing the links that will take you to the next lot of days!

ENJOY!

Monday, February 25, 2008

Day 2 & 3

These days, I do not remember much of.

I remember waking up... and Mum asking me how I feel.

I didn't really feel much to tell you the truth.

I fell asleep again and when I woke up my Nana and Grandad were in my ICU room (which was really just a curtained off corner).

I felt kind of bad that I was so out of it. I really wanted to have a conversation and tell them thank you for their cards and for visiting, but I didn't stay awake for very long... I don't really know if I remember them leaving...

The next time I woke up my Dad was there.

I noticed that he had cut his hair, but that was it really.

It was really good to see him because it was a face I could fall asleep infront of and there really wasn't any awkwardness. He asked me if I knew what day it was. I really thought it was Saturday night... but it wasn't. It was Monday night... How strange?

I woke up as Dad was leaving. He said he'd come back the next Dad.

When I woke up again Mum asked me if I was ok again. I just told her that I'd missed Skins (only the BEST TV show in the WORLD!). Mum said I hadn't, that it was just starting.

She put my glasses on and I looked up at the TV (which I couldn't see very well as I was so swollen) but I didn't even get past the opening credits before I fell asleep again...

The drugs they were giving me made me MAJORLY trip out! I kept seeing all these yellow high-lighter coloured lines on white surfaces like paper and the walls. I was really kind of out of my mind too...

No comments: