What to Expect

This is the diary I have decided to create, dedicated to the time I have spent with my jaws wired shut.
On the 23rd of February I went into the operating theatre for a jaw-reconstruction. They were to break my bottom and top jaws and re-position them.
This is a re-count of the events leading up to and in the hospital after the operation.

NAVIGATING THROUGH THE SITE

Now, on your right there is a drop down list.

Click on the little arrow next to 'February' and a drop down list will apear. In the drop down list pick 'Drabble' and you will be taken to the first page.

Once you are done, hit 'Day 0' and so on...

Once you have reached Day 7, click on the little arrow next to 'March' and a drop down list will apear revealing the links that will take you to the next lot of days!

ENJOY!

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Day 5

This day was another pretty down day.

I did manage to get more food down me, but it was still a pretty bad day.

I had to go for an x-ray at the hospital a few blocks away so the hospital called an ambulance to take me.

I had to lay on the stretcher that the car crash victims get carted away on. They strapped me in under a blanket and pushed me through the hospital out to the ambulance. It was really wierd.

They kept asking Mum if I'd been in an accident.

So we waited for ages for this x-ray room to be ready. Mum kept asking me if I was ok.

Finally, an hour later, we got back to the hospital.


I had another shower and then Dad came and they took the big circular grey thing out of my nose. I thought it was only like an inch and a half long. NOT! It was like 10 centimeters long and gave me a blood nose. It was disgusting!


I pretty much slept the rest of that day.


But of course, sleeping was a nightmare again...

I was up every fourty five or so minutes. But this night my dreams were worse. They were nightmares. And the medication they were giving me through the drip had a strange smell that set in the back of my mind. When I dreampt the smell came back and I was runnng around in my dream, gagging and trying to escape the smell that just wouldn't go away! Then I'd wake up reaching...


Night time just took so much longer to struggle through than day time.

No comments: