What to Expect

This is the diary I have decided to create, dedicated to the time I have spent with my jaws wired shut.
On the 23rd of February I went into the operating theatre for a jaw-reconstruction. They were to break my bottom and top jaws and re-position them.
This is a re-count of the events leading up to and in the hospital after the operation.

NAVIGATING THROUGH THE SITE

Now, on your right there is a drop down list.

Click on the little arrow next to 'February' and a drop down list will apear. In the drop down list pick 'Drabble' and you will be taken to the first page.

Once you are done, hit 'Day 0' and so on...

Once you have reached Day 7, click on the little arrow next to 'March' and a drop down list will apear revealing the links that will take you to the next lot of days!

ENJOY!

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Drabble

This is a drabble that I wrote before I left to Adelaide.
-
I’m having a jaw re-construction. The way Dr. Hearn (my surgeon) described it is that I have the jaw models of two completely different people. Here’s a picture of me. It was taken on the 29th of December 2005… I was 13.

I'm on the left.
-
Do you notice the buck teeth? Yeah, well that is before my braces... but still, this is how I began.
I've always had buck teeth, even as a baby.
-
Ok, I’ll admit it. After I was issued with plates and braces my overbite improved immensely. but my top lip still looks like a ski slope... That is why I am getting this operation.
-
Also, if I don’t, my teeth will go back to how they were and all the money paid for plates and braces will have been wasted. I guess it’s sort of a: “you’ve dug the hole half way to China, there’s no way you’re getting back out the way you came so you my as well keep digging” type of thing...
-
So welcome to my diary! I hope you find my dry sarcasm uncanny, my disgustingly toothy pictures entertaining. My bloated post-operation pictures scary, my metaphors tolerable and my entries understandable... and I hope you enjoy this diary o’ mine.

No comments: