What to Expect

This is the diary I have decided to create, dedicated to the time I have spent with my jaws wired shut.
On the 23rd of February I went into the operating theatre for a jaw-reconstruction. They were to break my bottom and top jaws and re-position them.
This is a re-count of the events leading up to and in the hospital after the operation.

NAVIGATING THROUGH THE SITE

Now, on your right there is a drop down list.

Click on the little arrow next to 'February' and a drop down list will apear. In the drop down list pick 'Drabble' and you will be taken to the first page.

Once you are done, hit 'Day 0' and so on...

Once you have reached Day 7, click on the little arrow next to 'March' and a drop down list will apear revealing the links that will take you to the next lot of days!

ENJOY!

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Day 6

Dad left this day.

He went back to Whyalla, SA, because he had to work the next day.

Then Dad had to say good bye and leave. It was kind of sad really. I'd seen him the past three or four days in a row... I wouldn't see him again until July.

Mum took me to for a walk. She got a wheelchair and took me to the zoo. It was pretty nice there but I felt like a bit of a retard being pushed around in a wheelchair with my face all swollen up and stuff.

Mum handed me the camera and told me I could take some pictures...

I swear all of the photos I took were way bad. Half of them were blurry and the other half either didn't have animals in them or the animal wasn't even looking.

This one was the best one out of the lot.


It was pretty shocking...

I was really tired and all these people kept looking at me. I must have looked really retarded.

Seriously... I had this blanket across my lap and a tissue box on top of it because I still didn't have any feeling in my lips, so I dribbled a lot. Not to mention the fact that my face was the size of a balloon and I could hardly open my left eye.

I think it's needless to say that we didn't see too much. After we watched the Hippos get fed then maneuvered our way through the bird enclosure we got to the lions den. By then I was totally ready to go back to the hospital and sleep until I was thirty.

No comments: